About my Geek Guide

I've been a computer technician for over 12 years. Over that time I have compiled little guides for friends and family, and as I go through them I'll add them here. Please check back and feel free to comment with tips or questions.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

About My Computer

My home computers have never had a virus on them that I didn't download on purpose. I have my Internet Explorer set to high security and restrictions. I use that to go to new pages, and add pages to my 'Trusted Sites' as I go. I also use Firefox primarily. I have the security settings pretty restricted there as well. I am also very careful with my e-mail behavior. As a result I have stayed virus and malware free for over a decade. I guess it pays off to be a paranoid geek, right? Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean the world isn't out to get me!!!

No comments: